    does C have anything similar?

    Thanks!
    Joe (spoiled by high level languages)

    Joe Van Dyk, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Joe Van Dyk

    osmium Guest

    "Joe Van Dyk" writes:

    > After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
    > write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
    > highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.

    I would choose _Expert C Programming_ by Peter van der Linden as a second
    bok on C, after K&R.

    osmium, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Joe Van Dyk

    Guest

    Expert C Programming
    and
    C Traps and Pitfalls

    , Apr 14, 2006
  4. Joe Van Dyk

    Alan Guest

    Joe Van Dyk wrote:

    > After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
    > write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
    > highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.
    >
    > C++ has all those excellent Effective C++ and Exceptional C++ books,
    > does C have anything similar?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Joe (spoiled by high level languages)

    I found the following to be very useful

    "Visual Quickstart Guide, C Programming" by Larry Ullman & Marc Liyanage;
    Peachpit Press; 2005

    Alan

    Alan, Apr 14, 2006
  5. Joe Van Dyk <> writes:

    > After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
    > write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
    > highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.

    As silly as it might sound, the book I learned the most from about C
    was deceptively titled "Writing Bug Free C Code For Windows". It was
    great at showing an 'object' oriented C approach to development as
    well as explaining details about the language and preprocessor that
    made development of larger programs quite a bit easier.

    --
    burton samograd kruhft .at. gmail
    kruhft.blogspot.com www.myspace.com/kruhft metashell.blogspot.com

    Burton Samograd, Apr 14, 2006
  6. Joe Van Dyk

    Joe Van Dyk Guest

    osmium wrote:
    > "Joe Van Dyk" writes:
    >

    >>After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
    >>write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
    >>highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.

    > I would choose _Expert C Programming_ by Peter van der Linden as a second
    > bok on C, after K&R.

    Ah yes, that was the one. Thanks!

    Joe

    Joe Van Dyk, Apr 14, 2006