recommended book (or other resource)

Joe Van Dyk

After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.

C++ has all those excellent Effective C++ and Exceptional C++ books,
does C have anything similar?

Thanks!
Joe (spoiled by high level languages)

osmium

Joe Van Dyk said:
After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.

I would choose _Expert C Programming_ by Peter van der Linden as a second
bok on C, after K&R.

Alan

Joe said:
After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.

C++ has all those excellent Effective C++ and Exceptional C++ books,
does C have anything similar?

Thanks!
Joe (spoiled by high level languages)

I found the following to be very useful

"Visual Quickstart Guide, C Programming" by Larry Ullman & Marc Liyanage;
Peachpit Press; 2005

Alan

Burton Samograd

Joe Van Dyk said:
After reading K&R, is there any other good source for learning how to
write good C programs? I've heard a reference to one other
highly-recommended book, but I forget what it was.

As silly as it might sound, the book I learned the most from about C
was deceptively titled "Writing Bug Free C Code For Windows". It was
great at showing an 'object' oriented C approach to development as
well as explaining details about the language and preprocessor that
made development of larger programs quite a bit easier.