Recommended IDE for creating GUI?

Marty Christion

What are some good free or inexpensive (<$50) IDE's for learning how to
program and create GUI's for Python? I'm pretty good with the simple
programming aspect of the language, but I'm a little mystified by the world
of GUI's, and the options available in python.

Anony

Marty said:
What are some good free or inexpensive (<$50) IDE's for learning how to
program and create GUI's for Python? I'm pretty good with the simple
programming aspect of the language, but I'm a little mystified by the world
of GUI's, and the options available in python.

I have 2 links for basic use of Tkinter (but Tkinter doesn't work
correctly on Macs as I have read):
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/tkinter.pdf
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/an-introduction-to-tkinter.pdf

bwaha

Marty Christion said:
What are some good free or inexpensive (<$50) IDE's for learning how to
program and create GUI's for Python? I'm pretty good with the simple
programming aspect of the language, but I'm a little mystified by the world
of GUI's, and the options available in python.

I've been using python on and off for about 12 months and WxPython for about
5 months. I've found the following combination works well together:

SPE - Stani's Python Editor http://stani.be/python/spe/blog/
WXGlade - bundled with SPE
WinPDB - debugger bundled with in SPE that works with GUIs
WxPython - python bindings to WxWidgets library (fantastic demos that get
you up and running quickly) http://www.wxpython.org/
Ipython - interactive python shell http://ipython.scipy.org/

hth
bwaha

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

SPE also integrates with XRCed which is very stable. Google for more
info.

Stani

Jarek Zgoda

Marty Christion napisa³(a):
What are some good free or inexpensive (<$50) IDE's for learning how to
program and create GUI's for Python? I'm pretty good with the simple
programming aspect of the language, but I'm a little mystified by the world
of GUI's, and the options available in python.

Glade is a GUI builder for GTK and PyGTK. Free, cost free, OpenSource,
multiplatform. Not as easy as Delphi, but with Python can do wonders.