    http://www.patterndepot.com/put/8/JavaPatterns.htm.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Aaron

    Aaron Smith, Aug 28, 2007

  2. Aaron Smith

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:04:32 -0500, Aaron Smith
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

    see the mini reviews at http://mindprod.com/jgloss/designpatterns.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Aug 28, 2007

  3. Aaron Smith

    z.cHris Guest

    Head First Design Patterns.

    "I receive the book yesterday and started to read it on the way
    home... and I couldn't stop. I took it to the gym and I expect people
    saw me smiling a lot while I was exercising and reading. This is tr-es
    'cool'. It is fun but they cover a lot of ground and they are right to
    the point. I'm really impressed."
    -- Erich Gamma, IBM Distinguished Engineer, and co-author
    of Design Patterns.

    --
    Regards.
    Chris D. Cheng

    z.cHris, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Aaron Smith

    Sanjay Guest

    z.cHris wrote:
    > Head First Design Patterns.
    >
    > "I receive the book yesterday and started to read it on the way
    > home... and I couldn't stop. I took it to the gym and I expect people
    > saw me smiling a lot while I was exercising and reading. This is tr-es
    > 'cool'. It is fun but they cover a lot of ground and they are right to
    > the point. I'm really impressed."
    > -- Erich Gamma, IBM Distinguished Engineer, and co-author
    > of Design Patterns.
    >

    > --
    > Regards.
    > Chris D. Cheng

    Just so you know, this book is not for everyone. Especially someone like
    me. I like to read stuff to the point without lot of extra crap like
    lines and lines wasted on humor and somewhat meaningless conversations
    etc. While reading this book, I just skipped one third of the pages.

    Sanjay, Aug 28, 2007
  5. On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 04:04:32 GMT, Aaron Smith expounded upon us in
    comp.lang.java.programmer :

    > Does anyone have recommendations on good books or websites for
    > learning Java Design Patterns?
    >
    > One book I am considering is "Applied Java Patterns," but before
    > I invest any cash, I'm curious to get feedback from other
    > people.
    >
    > I did find one website that looked pretty good for free
    > material, but it's more focused on J2EE design patterns:
    > http://www.j2eeolympus.com/freebooks/FreeJ2EEDesignBooks.jsp.
    > From that site I found one called "The Design Patterns Java
    > Companion" @ http://www.patterndepot.com/put/8/JavaPatterns.htm.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Aaron

    I like the Head First books as well, but if you are looking for a bit
    more "meat" then try "Design Patterns in Java" ISBN: 0321333020

    --
    PSK...feeling somewhat haunted.
    "What were you? A jock or a brain?"

    Pseudo Silk Kimono, Aug 28, 2007