Recommended Load Test software for VS?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DC, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. DC

    DC Guest

    Hi,

    I want to load test a web application. The tool I am looking for must
    support variable parameters (e.g. imported from a database), Http
    authentification and content checking (must also be able to check
    results of ajax calls). Ideally the test should be designable with C#.

    I tried www.badboy.com.au, and it is not bad, but I could not get
    sufficient load tests (my machine hangs with more than 2 threads and
    the reports are too thin).

    I like "Application Center Tests" that came with VS 2003, but it lacks
    some of the features of the newer tools.

    In VS 2005 there is a load test tool but I am unable to test it
    because it comes with the "... for Testers" version only, and I have
    the "... for Developers" Version. I knew it was only about making more
    money when M$ started talking about the several roles in development.
    THAT SUCKS! Can I hack it somehow just to try the web tests in VS?

    Maybe someone else knows a good tool that does what I want at a
    reasonable price.

    Regards
    DC
    DC, Jul 31, 2007