recompile netcat

asit

I downloaded the source code of netcat. I want to recompile it (i have
planned to add some feature and avoid being caught by anti virus).

but in visual studio it gives netcat.c(99) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'sys/time.h': No such file or directory.

I know sys/time. is not available in visual studio. which compiler I
shuld use ???

Flash Gordon

asit wrote, On 04/10/08 17:26:

Please allow a minimum of 24 hours before assuming your post has not got
through. This isn't a chat room, posts take time to reach people and
sometimes they are asleep when you post so don't see it for 8 hours (or
16 if they then go straight on to an 8 hour work shift).
I downloaded the source code of netcat. I want to recompile it (i have
planned to add some feature and avoid being caught by anti virus).

but in visual studio it gives netcat.c(99) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'sys/time.h': No such file or directory.

I know sys/time. is not available in visual studio. which compiler I
shuld use ???

sys/time.h is a non-standard header so there is no requirement for a
library to compile it. Networking is also not part of the C standard and
so likely to cause a problem. That is as far as it goes in terms of what
is topical in this group, since specific tools and non-standard
extensions are not topical. However, a quick search suggests there are
already ports of netcat for Windows so I suggest you track one of them
down and saving yourself some work. Failing that investigating Cygwin
might be worth while (or maybe not).

Barry Schwarz

I downloaded the source code of netcat. I want to recompile it (i have
planned to add some feature and avoid being caught by anti virus).

but in visual studio it gives netcat.c(99) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'sys/time.h': No such file or directory.

I know sys/time. is not available in visual studio. which compiler I
shuld use ???

Find out if there is a Visual Studio equivalent to sys/time.h, perhaps
by asking in one of the microsoft.public.vc.** newsgroups. If so, you
could simply change the #include to reference that header.

Antoninus Twink

Networking is also not part of the C standard and so likely to cause a
problem.

What on earth are you talking about?

In what sense is it "likely to cause a problem"? This whole internet
thing seems to tick along just fine without networking being a part of
the C standard.