Recompile perl with cpan-shell?

Holger Marzen

Hi all,

I discovered the cool cpan-shell, and when I used it for the first time
it fetched and compiled a recent perl version.

Now I have a module (Sendmail::Milter) that wants a threaded perl
version. "install Sendmail::Milter" failed, because I didn't know how to
add 2 args (paths to my sendmail source), so I chdir'ed to
~/.cpan/build/Sendmail-Milter-0.18 and entered

perl Makefile.PL /usr/src/sendmail/sendmail-8.10.1 \
/usr/src/sendmail/sendmail-8.10.1/obj.Linux.2.4.18.i586

Then I got:
To use this module, your perl interpreter must have been compiled with
-Dusethreads.

1.) How can I enter arguments to the usual "perl Makefile.PL" that is
issued from the cpan shell?

2.) How can I rebuild perl within the cpan shell and add "-Dusethreads"?