Record lines without tables

davidgordon

Hi,

I regularly code in standard asp with MySQL.
I have a page which displays records with the background colour of each
record table row in a different colour.

There are 2 table rows per record.
The problem is that at the end of each field in a row, the background
colour stops and then continues in the next field, i.e. the rows look
like a brick wall design.

Is there anyway I can adjust my designs so that no matter how many
fields or rows I have, the background colour is seamless and the
visitor cannot see the start and end sections of each field ?

Appreciate your advise

Thanks

David

Rob Meade

Appreciate your advise

Hi David,

I hope I haven't misunderstood the question, if so I apologise...

Anyway - try setting:

border-width: 0px; in a style tag in the table the HTML..ie..

cellpadding="0">

Regards

Rob

David

border-width: 0px; in a style tag in the table the HTML..ie..

cellpadding="0">

Regards

Rob

--------------------------

Thanks Rob,

I tried that but it made no difference, still have the brick wall
effect.
I will have a play on your idea in dreamweaver and see what gives,
otherwise perhaps I should code in pure CSS without tables ....... but
not sure how to do that :-(

David

David said:
--------------------------

Thanks Rob,

I tried that but it made no difference, still have the brick wall
effect.
I will have a play on your idea in dreamweaver and see what gives,
otherwise perhaps I should code in pure CSS without tables ....... but
not sure how to do that :-(

------------------------------------

Doh,

Checked my code, I had added it to the wrong table tag .... works
perfectly and saves a lot of space on the page.........nice one Rob !!
:)

Thanks

Rob Meade

Doh,

Checked my code, I had added it to the wrong table tag .... works
perfectly and saves a lot of space on the page.........nice one Rob !!
:)

You're welcome :eek:)

Rob