Recording Audio on a PDA

Discussion in 'Java' started by Iain Reid, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Iain Reid

    Iain Reid Guest

    Hi All,

    Does anyone know how I can record Audio in a Java Application on
    Windows CE?

    I currently have a Java Application that records audio on my laptop
    (using JMF). Having recently got an iPAQ with Jeode I was looking to
    port my app onto the iPAQ. However there doesn't seem to be a Windows
    CE version of JMF.

    The other option I can see is to use the more complicated Java Sound
    which comes with SDK 1.3 and above. However Jeode is an
    implementation of PersonalJava which only covers SDK 1.2 and below.

    I have looked around for other Java Virtual Machines which will
    support SDK 1.3 on Windows CE and I can't seem to find any.

    There must be a way of recording audio on my iPAQ. Even if it means
    purchessing a 3rd party API. Any help greatly appreciated!

    -Iain
    Iain Reid, Nov 3, 2003