    of a high score for a particular user, session, or computer. Perhaps
    someone already has code written to do this. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.
    Anthony, Feb 13, 2007

  2. Anthony

    Evertjan. Guest

    Anthony wrote on 13 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > I have a team website that has several games for entertainment. One
    > of the games is a javascript version of yahtzee. Can someone suggest
    > a way, using javascript, to record a high score for the game instead
    > of a high score for a particular user, session, or computer. Perhaps
    > someone already has code written to do this. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated.

    Not without serverside [javascript] scripting.

    Ask yourself how another user's programme can know your result,
    if the or any server is not an active intermediary.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Feb 13, 2007

  3. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    On Feb 13, 12:28 pm, "Evertjan." <>
    wrote:
    > Anthony wrote on 13 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > I have a team website that has several games for entertainment. One
    > > of the games is a javascript version of yahtzee. Can someone suggest
    > > a way, using javascript, to record a high score for the game instead
    > > of a high score for a particular user, session, or computer. Perhaps
    > > someone already has code written to do this. Any help would be
    > > greatly appreciated.

    > Not without serverside [javascript] scripting.
    >
    > Ask yourself how another user's programme can know your result,
    > if the or any server is not an active intermediary.
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    OK, thanks. I had not been able to find a way to do this so I came
    here to find out for sure.
    Anthony, Feb 13, 2007