    The standalone Applications work fine. The Applets throw security
    exceptions regarding javax.sound.sampled.AudioPermission ...

    Any ideas?
    Phil Staite, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Phil Staite

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Phil Staite

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Phil Staite" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The gotcha is that I have the programs set up to run as either standalone
    > Applications or as Applets that can be DL'd off a web server. The
    > standalone Applications work fine. The Applets throw security exceptions
    > regarding javax.sound.sampled.AudioPermission ...
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I suspect that recording sound (e.g. from a microphone) might be
    considered a security risk and is not allowed in unsigned Applets.

    Have you tried signing your applet?

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Phil Staite

    Phil Staite Guest

    Oliver Wong wrote:

    > I suspect that recording sound (e.g. from a microphone) might be
    > considered a security risk and is not allowed in unsigned Applets.
    >
    > Have you tried signing your applet?

    I was thinking that might be the way to go. However, I don't know how
    to go about "signing" an applet. Guess it's time for a little more
    research... Thanks!
    Phil Staite, Sep 20, 2005
  5. Phil Staite

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:26:43 GMT, "Oliver Wong" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    > I suspect that recording sound (e.g. from a microphone) might be
    >considered a security risk and is not allowed in unsigned Applets.

    Most definitely. Think of the spying you could do!

    What people don't realise is that signed applets and ordinary
    applications could happily do things like that sneakily. Signing
    grants ALL privilege.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Sep 20, 2005