Recordset move error when accessing oracle 8.1.7 from VBScript

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mad, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. mad

    mad Guest

    I am new here and don't know if someone has encountered and discussed
    this problem before. I appreciate any help to this problem.

    I am building a new Oracle database (8.1.7) and Win 2000/IIS 5 for
    development. After I moved ASP pages over from another server (also
    Oracle 8.1.7 and Win 2000/IIS 5), the error occurred when recordset's
    MoveNext is called. Here is the code:

    <% Set cmdTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
    Set rsProd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    cmdTemp.CommandText = strSqlStmt
    cmdTemp.CommandType = 1
    Set cmdTemp.ActiveConnection = OracleDB
    rsProd.Open cmdTemp, , 3, 1
    %>
    <% Do Until rsProd.EOF %>
    <option VALUE="<% =rsProd("code_num") %>"><font size="-2"><%
    =rsProd("desc_nam") %>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>
    <%
    rsProd.MoveNext 'This is where error occurred
    Loop %>
    The web page error message is like this (line 205 points to the line:
    rsProd.MoveNext ):

    Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]General error
    /xxxxxx.asp, line 205

    Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; SDS IE6 SP1; .NET
    CLR 1.1.4322)

    Page:
    GET /xxxxxx.asp

    Time:
    Tuesday, November 08, 2005, 1:17:06 PM

    The problem goes away when I changed cursor type:

    rsProd.Open cmdTemp, , 1, 1

    Thanks for the help,

    mad, Nov 8, 2005