Recordset move error when accessing oracle 8.1.7 from VBScript

mad

I am new here and don't know if someone has encountered and discussed
this problem before. I appreciate any help to this problem.

I am building a new Oracle database (8.1.7) and Win 2000/IIS 5 for
development. After I moved ASP pages over from another server (also
Oracle 8.1.7 and Win 2000/IIS 5), the error occurred when recordset's
MoveNext is called. Here is the code:

<% Set cmdTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
Set rsProd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
cmdTemp.CommandText = strSqlStmt
cmdTemp.CommandType = 1
Set cmdTemp.ActiveConnection = OracleDB
rsProd.Open cmdTemp, , 3, 1
%>
<% Do Until rsProd.EOF %>
<option VALUE="<% =rsProd("code_num") %>"><font size="-2"><%
=rsProd("desc_nam") %>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>
<%
rsProd.MoveNext 'This is where error occurred
Loop %>
The web page error message is like this (line 205 points to the line:
rsProd.MoveNext ):

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]General error
/xxxxxx.asp, line 205

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; SDS IE6 SP1; .NET
CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /xxxxxx.asp

Time:
Tuesday, November 08, 2005, 1:17:06 PM

The problem goes away when I changed cursor type:

rsProd.Open cmdTemp, , 1, 1

Thanks for the help,