    I have a form that send 3 or 4 text field

    I wanna to recover this data, to analyse, and process, and insert in MySQL

    (mod_python, Mysql4, Apache1.3)

    Armand Federico - INFO, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Armand Federico - INFO

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Armand Federico - INFO wrote:
    > How can i recover data from an html module?
    > I have a form that send 3 or 4 text field
    >
    > I wanna to recover this data, to analyse, and process, and insert in MySQL
    >
    > (mod_python, Mysql4, Apache1.3)

    The question is unclear. Are you looking for suggestions on
    the process called "web scraping"? (search the web before
    responding, if that term is unfamiliar to you, please)

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Armand Federico - INFO

    Adam C. Guest

    Peter Hansen wrote:
    > Armand Federico - INFO wrote:
    >
    >> How can i recover data from an html module?
    >> I have a form that send 3 or 4 text field
    >>
    >> I wanna to recover this data, to analyse, and process, and insert in
    >> MySQL
    >>
    >> (mod_python, Mysql4, Apache1.3)

    > The question is unclear. Are you looking for suggestions on
    > the process called "web scraping"? (search the web before
    > responding, if that term is unfamiliar to you, please)

    I think he's looking for the REQUEST object that mod_python passes in
    containing the GET/POST elements from his text fields.
    Check out:
    http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/tut-pub.html
    for a quick introduction to using the request object with an HTML form.

    --
    Adam

    Adam C., Nov 7, 2004