Recover values for not postback controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dtamajon@gmail.com, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm having problems on recovering values from a control which is not
    doing postback on it's value change... but I need its value when any
    other control postback.

    This is a simplified scene to reproduce my problem (it's really simply
    and silly, but real environment is much more complex):

    - A custom control "C1" wich exposes a TextBox, with Autopostback =
    False, and a property ThisIsMyC1Value (the Text value from the TextBox)
    - A second custom control "C2" wich exposes C1, and a ThisIsMyC2Value
    property which shows value from property ThisIsMyC1Value
    - A page with 2 controls: C2 and a button

    If you run such sample, you can write anything on TextBox. When you
    click on the button, you can see that there is no lost of data (I set
    ViewState to True), but if you try to access ThisIsMyC1Value from code,
    you have nothing!!!!

    Any help will be appreciated

    Thanks
    Dani.