Recovering from out of memory on the stack

woshanzhimu

Tor Rustad 写é“:
jacob navia wrote:

[...]
P.S. When some people tell you that C "Doesn't use a stack" or
that "C doesn't know about a stack" just ignore them, they
are trying to confuse you.

Repeat after me... slowly 1000 times:

An C implementation may or may not, implement function calls using a stack.
Could you give me some examples of such a c implenmentation?

user923005

Tor Rustad $B said:
[...]
P.S. When some people tell you that C "Doesn't use a stack" or
that "C doesn't know about a stack" just ignore them, they
are trying to confuse you.
Repeat after me... slowly 1000 times:
An C implementation may or may not, implement function calls using a stack.

Could you give me some examples of such a c implenmentation?

There are machines that do not even have a stack. On such a machine,
function calls could be implemented by some other method. Of course,
you could use a software stack but a linked list would work just as
nicely.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....read/thread/e1d396f29b968b17/66c1ae4a0bb32717
for modern and ancient machines without one.

jacob navia

user923005 said:
Tor Rustad $B said:
[...]
P.S. When some people tell you that C "Doesn't use a stack" or
that "C doesn't know about a stack" just ignore them, they
are trying to confuse you.
Repeat after me... slowly 1000 times:
An C implementation may or may not, implement function calls using a stack.
Could you give me some examples of such a c implenmentation?

There are machines that do not even have a stack. On such a machine,
function calls could be implemented by some other method. Of course,
you could use a software stack but a linked list would work just as
nicely.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....read/thread/e1d396f29b968b17/66c1ae4a0bb32717
for modern and ancient machines without one.

Excuse me but the word "stack" doesn't appear in that thread