    than user see?

    Thanks
    , Mar 9, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > i have a tetxtarea, with the style overflow:hidden, and a long text.
    >
    > because of the overflow, user does not see the whole text but a part.
    >
    > is there, in an IE browser, a mode to recovery the effective text
    > than user see?

    The `value' property of the corresponding element object should always
    be the content of the element, no matter how it is rendered.

    Since you already know that the `textarea' element can contain a long
    text, why are you not omitting overflow:hidden in the first place?

    PointedEars
    --
    Advice for Google Groups posters:
    <URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html#ps1Post>
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Mar 9, 2006

    Hi, thanks for your answere!

    my problem is that textarea should be similar to a simple text...
    without scrollbars....
    i wasn't able to think an other way...
    the bug of this method is that i can't add (...) if the text is
    trunced!
    , Mar 10, 2006