Recreate Outlook Web Access 2003 Look and Feel

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kevinsaucier, May 12, 2005.

  1. kevinsaucier

    kevinsaucier Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I am just not
    finding the answers that I am looking for.

    We have developed an application that we plan to market. The app is
    written in ASP.NET on the front end and runs against an Exchange 2003
    back end. I am trying to make the app look as much like Outlook Web
    Access 2003 as possible. We've got the layout down and some of the
    niftier looking functions, but icons are killing us.

    Obviously, I could just hop into the directory that OWA is getting it's
    icons from and start making copies. Personally, I don't see a problem
    with this as Exchange is required to run our application. It seems
    that I am doing Microsoft a favor by running against Exchange. But,
    I'm sure they don't see it that way and I don't need to get sued
    because I used their icons incorrectly. I would have no problem
    requesting permission to use thier icons, but they make it so
    incredibly difficult on the request page.

    So, I am looking for simple icons like Mail, Tasks, Calendar, Refresh,
    Save, Print, Paperclip (attachments), etc that can recreate the look
    and feel of OWA 2003. I know that some of these are included in Visual
    Studio, but they are the 1934 versions. I have checked on the Beta
    copy of VS 2005 and they are still old versions. It would be nice if
    MS could pick up some slack in this category.

    Anyone who can shed some light on this problem would be my hero! If
    you know of a place that specifically says that I can just use the MS
    icons because I am running it on an MS product, that would be even
    better.

    Thanks in advance,

    Kevin M. Saucier
    kevinsaucier, May 12, 2005