Recyling of sessionID in ASP.NET 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ibrahim., Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Ibrahim.

    Ibrahim. Guest

    When a new request is made to the server a new session id is issued to the
    client (a browser instance). The problem I’m facing is that session id that
    is already assigned to a browser instance is getting recycled for another
    browser instance by ASP.NET When the client request is sent to Http server,
    the available session id’s (that is already present in the pool) are recycled
    from the session pool along with the authentication cookie. Again when a new
    request was being done, then available session id is passed on to the client
    causing Mix-up of sessions.

    The formsauthentication ticket (cookie) is also getting recycled along with
    the session cookie session.

    Forms authentication ticket is issued if the user selects save me option in
    login page.
    If the user selects save, then the user id is stored in a cookie encrypted
    by forms authentication ticket.

    Scenario

    In multiuser (concurrent mode) situation, this is causing problem, due to
    recyle of session id the forms authencition ticket is getting passed to some
    other user who is currently using the site, that means “user z†details are
    displayed for “user a†who is some other user accessing the site.

    Environement; ASP.NET 2.0, IIS6.0/2003 SERVER.

    Please reply if any thoughts
    Ibrahim., Jun 12, 2006

  2. "Ibrahim." <> wrote in message
    > When a new request is made to the server a new session id is issued to the
    > client (a browser instance). The problem I'm facing is that session id

    that
    > is already assigned to a browser instance is getting recycled for another
    > browser instance by ASP.NET When the client request is sent to Http

    server,
    > the available session id's (that is already present in the pool) are

    recycled
    > from the session pool along with the authentication cookie. Again when a

    new
    > request was being done, then available session id is passed on to the

    client
    > causing Mix-up of sessions.
    >
    > The formsauthentication ticket (cookie) is also getting recycled along

    with
    > the session cookie session.
    >
    > Forms authentication ticket is issued if the user selects save me option

    in
    > login page.
    > If the user selects save, then the user id is stored in a cookie encrypted
    > by forms authentication ticket.
    >

    > Scenario
    >
    > In multiuser (concurrent mode) situation, this is causing problem, due to
    > recyle of session id the forms authencition ticket is getting passed to

    some
    > other user who is currently using the site, that means "user z" details

    are
    > displayed for "user a" who is some other user accessing the site.
    >
    > Environement; ASP.NET 2.0, IIS6.0/2003 SERVER.
    >
    > Please reply if any thoughts

    This is group is for classic ASP for ASP.NET help try:-

    Anthony Jones, Jun 12, 2006