Red Black Tree!!!

Thomas

Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
understading of this algorithm.
I don't know where to start.
Thanks

Jonathan Turkanis

I get lots of hit on Google.

Since this is a general algorithms and data structures question, it's
not appropriate for this group. If you write a C++ implementation and
run into trouble, this is a good place to post.

Jonathan

John Harrison

Thomas said:
Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
understading of this algorithm.
I don't know where to start.
Thanks

The book Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen et. al. has a very
understandable and complete treatment.

john

Tilman Kuepper

Hello Thomas,
Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and
comprehensible understading of this algorithm.
I don't know where to start.
Thanks

If you are looking for a C++ implementation of red
black trees, you should look at the Standard Library
that comes with your compiler: IIRC maps and sets
can be implemented as red black trees...

Tilman

osmium

Thomas said:
Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
understading of this algorithm.
I don't know where to start.

This may help. This was found on the first page of hits on <"red black
tree"> on google. You could narrow it down by adding words such as tutorial
or applet. An applet is typically a little Java demonstration program.
Questions of this nature are more appropriate for comp.programming.

http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~morris/Year2/PLDS210/red_black.html

Claudio Puviani