reddit.com rewritten in Python

Harald Armin Massa

Yeah! Another web framework for Python!

Now we can prouldy say: Python: the only language with more web
frameworks than keywords

Harald

Harald Armin Massa

Yeah! Another web framework for Python!

Now we can proudly say: Python: the only language with more web
frameworks than keywords

Harald

Jay Parlar

reddit.com, which was formerly implemented in LISP (and somewhat famous
for that fact) has just *relaunched* and is now written in Python!

They haven't given their reasons yet, but I'll certainly be interested
to see why.

Paul Graham's reaction should also be interesting, he said reddit.com
had replaced, for him, the process of checking any other news site.

On a side note, they are saying (in the faq) that they have done the
site in a framework called web.py, which I've personally not heard of.
But with the plethora of Python frameworks, I supposed it's pretty easy
to miss one or two, here or there.

Jay P.