Redefine entities in XSL.

Fernando Martins

Hi all.

I have a docbook document with some specific entities defined.
The book is "spread" among several .xml compliant files.
I use thoes files individually to seek extra information but I do have
a problem.
The entities I define in the book are, obviously, not available when I
apply my XSL file to a single specific .xml file.

My question is is it possible to define the entities of the .xml file
in the XSL file.
I know that it is possible to define entities in a XSL file, but thoes
entities correspond to the XSL itself and not to the file being
parsed.

Example:
Example.xml contains:
<chapter>
<title>Example</title>
<para>This entity is &ENT;.</para>
</chapter>

and in the XSL file I want to define the ENT entity so that when I
read the Example.xml the value I define in the XSL will be the one
applied to the entity.

Is this possible?

Thank you very much for your time.
Fernando Martins