Redhat 9.0 & tkinter

mikeSpindler

Apparently installing Python2.3 leaves Redhat 9.0 users fending for
themselves to figure out how to install tkinter. What's the trick?

So far - I've tried: -reinstalling Python; -hiding all files under
/usr/local that contained "tk" in their name and then reinstalling;
searching configure.in, Makefile, and even setup.py for the decision
to NOT install tkinter... no success.

(And my apologies if this should have gone to another group. Let me
know which one.) Thanks!

rt lange

(e-mail address removed) (mikeSpindler) wrote in @posting.google.com:
Apparently installing Python2.3 leaves Redhat 9.0 users fending for
themselves to figure out how to install tkinter. What's the trick?

So far - I've tried: -reinstalling Python; -hiding all files under
/usr/local that contained "tk" in their name and then reinstalling;
searching configure.in, Makefile, and even setup.py for the decision
to NOT install tkinter... no success.

(And my apologies if this should have gone to another group. Let me
know which one.) Thanks!

Quoting from README (you did read the readme right?):
Red Hat Linux: Red Hat 9 built Python2.2 in UCS-4 mode and hacked
Tcl to support it. To compile Python2.3 with Tkinter, you will
need to pass --enable-unicode=ucs4 flag to ./configure.