Redhat 9, Python 2.4.1, CGIHTTPServer problem

Bill Oldroyd

I cannot get a simple CGI-script to work with this combination :

Redhat 9 Linux
Both Python 2.41. and ActiveState Python 2.4.1

either as an Apache 2 cgi-script or using CGIHTTPServer.

The same script works fine on Redhat 7.3.

The script fails at 230 in CGIHTTPServer :

osexecve(scriptfile,args.os.environ)

the error message being
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Can anyone through any light on this problem ?.

I have seen a few references to problems in this area, but nothing
that is helpful in solving the problem.

Bill

adam

It might not be the script, but might be the environment. I've been
burned by something similar in the past when I had my CGI script in my
home dir (default +r) and didnt have the permissions correct on the
dir. Not only does the script have to be +r +x, but the dir it is in
has to be as well for the apache user.

-adam