Redirect 301

Luigi Donatello Asero

How do I test whether several pages on my website now are really redirected
permanently?
(Of course I can look at logins tomorrow but I wonder whether I can test it
now)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Toby Inkster said:
Look at the HTTP headers?

On the logins?
I can do it when I get the file with the logins.
I get one every day.
(The site is hosted by a webhost)

Jonathan N. Little

--

^^^^^
dash dash space return

Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/traduzioni.php
今天二零零六年二月二å二日
星期三
Firefox with Web Developer's Bar extension, most likely Opera has a tool
as well

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
^^^^^
dash dash space return

Firefox with Web Developer's Bar extension, most likely Opera has a tool
as well

Is the Web Developer´s Bar extension something extra or does it belong to
the standard version?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
Is the Web Developer´s Bar extension something extra or does it belong to
the standard version?

Yeeeessss, extensions are 'extensions' [addons] from the menu:

Tools|Extensions

Lower right-hand corner click 'Get More Extensions'

On web page click 'Developer Tools'

On page 13 about halfway down

Web Developer 1.0.2
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensio...refox&category=Developer Tools&numpg=10&id=60

It is unsigned!

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

Luigi, just use it, it will really help you out! Probably all of the
regulars here will vouch for Web Developers Bar's safety!

To be so paranoid yet you use MSIE!

1) How should I save the file?
2) You advocate for Firefox because this webbrowser would be safer in your
mind.
Why does Mozilla offer files which are not signed?
Is that a sign that it cares for security?!
3) I have already got the logins from my webhost and Redirect 301 worked.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
1) How should I save the file?

Go here and get the extension. It will offer to install:
http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/
You can also download the .xpi file, save it to your special download
directory, then start Moz/Firefox, go to File > Open File and navigate
to where you saved it.
2) You advocate for Firefox because this webbrowser would be safer in your
mind.
Why does Mozilla offer files which are not signed?
Is that a sign that it cares for security?!

Don't worry about it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
It asks me how I should save it.

What browser are you using to download it? Firefox?

I just went to the site, right-clicked on the Firefox icon just below
"Firefox/Flock Download" and chose "Save Link As". The file save dialog
opened with the filename "webdeveloper.xpi". I navigated to a download
directory. I clicked "Save".

Then go to the Firefox File menu as I said above and Open the .xpi file.
Firefox will offer to install it. Accept.

..xpi files are Firefox/Mozilla extensions.

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

It asks me how I should save it.
Forget downloading...apparently too complicated

1. Got to here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensio...x&category=Developer Tools&numpg=10&pageid=13

2. Go to the 'Web Developer 1.0.2' on page

3. Click 'Install' with the little box and green arrow

4. On the 'Software Installation' dialog try to advert your gaze away
from the little red 'unsigned' text and focus on the 'Install Now' button

5. Click it

6. Amuse your self as the progress bar grows

7. When complete your will have a new toolbar and it will be of use to you.

2) You advocate for Firefox because this webbrowser would be safer in your
mind.

Not only in my mind but also in fact.