    Thanks.
    --
    Betty

    c676228, Dec 24, 2007

  2. Hi Betty,

    As for the page redirection, I think it may depend the error or failure on
    domain B's page and how you can get noticed of and handle them. For
    example, when user be linked to domain B pages(from domainA pages) and that
    page occured error, how could you handle the error? If it is an expected
    error, you may catch it in a certain scope, however, if it is an unhandled
    exception, how could you detect it? In the latter case, it would be hard to
    do the redirection, do you think so?

    Also, for "domain B server" is in trouble, do you mean the server is down?
    And what's the redirection behavior you want?

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?YzY3NjIyOA==?= <>
    >Subject: redirect all pages from domain B to a maintenance page on domain A
    >Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 23:52:01 -0800
    >
    >Hi all,
    >
    >We have two sites hosted on different servers and we have many pages on
    >domain A which has many links(asp programs) to domain B.
    > My question is if domain B server is in trouble, what is the best way to
    >have all domain pages redirect to domain A? Right now I just have redirect
    >code in each program on domain B to redirect to a maintenance page on

    domain

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Dec 24, 2007

  3. c676228

    c676228 Guest

    RE: redirect all pages from domain B to a maintenance page on doma

    Hi Steven,
    I am sorry. I didn't make that clear. I mean the server B is down. If our
    agents or brokers have direct links to our server B and I want all those
    pages on server B will be redirected to domain A or I can just have a html on
    server B state(in case of only IIS canot serve asp page or database is down)
    that "visit us after XXX hours etc."

    Thank you.
    --
    Betty

    c676228, Dec 26, 2007
  4. RE: redirect all pages from domain B to a maintenance page on doma

    Hi Betty,

    Thanks for the reply.

    As Jon mentioned, if the IIS server get down(or even the entire server
    down), it would be quite hard to do the automatic redirection. I think you
    may implement a monitor/lookup service for those servers(constantly ping to
    check whether the certain servers are working correctly). Thus, you can get
    the ponit when the server stop working.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?YzY3NjIyOA==?= <>

    <>
    >Subject: RE: redirect all pages from domain B to a maintenance page on doma
    >Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:49:01 -0800

    >Hi Steven,
    >I am sorry. I didn't make that clear. I mean the server B is down. If our
    >agents or brokers have direct links to our server B and I want all those
    >pages on server B will be redirected to domain A or I can just have a html

    on
    >server B state(in case of only IIS canot serve asp page or database is

    down)
    >that "visit us after XXX hours etc."
    >
    >Thank you.
    >--
    >Betty
    >

    >"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Betty,
    >>
    >> As for the page redirection, I think it may depend the error or failure

    on
    >> domain B's page and how you can get noticed of and handle them. For
    >> example, when user be linked to domain B pages(from domainA pages) and

    that
    >> page occured error, how could you handle the error? If it is an expected
    >> error, you may catch it in a certain scope, however, if it is an

    unhandled
    >> exception, how could you detect it? In the latter case, it would be hard

    >> do the redirection, do you think so?
    >>
    >> Also, for "domain B server" is in trouble, do you mean the server is

    down?
    >> And what's the redirection behavior you want?
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Steven Cheng
    >>
    >> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    rights.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Dec 31, 2007
  5. c676228

    p byers Guest

    Most ISPs have more than one Name Server specified.
    Could the second NameServer point to the second server ??

    This could deal with 'Server A' failure

    Pete (Northolt UK)

    p byers, Dec 31, 2007
  6. c676228

    p byers Guest

    Most registrations for a Web Site have more than one Name Server entries

    If you made the second Name Server entry point to domain B
    Would that not deal with Server A failure ??

    Pete (Northolt UK)

    p byers, Dec 31, 2007