redirect as POST with 'virtual' hidden fileds.

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Radek G., Jun 14, 2004.

  1. Radek G.

    Radek G. Guest

    Hello to All
    I have heavy problem. I would like to describe it - please write any
    suggestions.
    The Problem:
    I have a form requiring some values to be entered - some of them are
    mandatory some of the them are not. Submiting The Form targets other
    script(script no 2), where is checked if mandatory fields was filled. If all
    mandatory fields was not entered scpript should REDIRECT to previous form
    (script no 1) with marked (red color) empty mandatory fields. All rest
    fileds should have preselected values according to prevoisusly entered.
    The problem is: redirect as sending a http heading with ulr is not enoght. I
    need redirect as 'POST' becouse there are some hidden fileds with big values
    which must be all the time stored.
    If you know some methods to redirect as 'POST' with setting values to some
    'virtual' hidden fileds in perl please write it direct to my e-mail.

    btw: I know one method: generated some html with form with hidden fileds and
    onLoad submit this form. But I need some much profesional method.

    PS: Please don't write me that project structure is wrong ect, or I should
    browse more deeple trought documentation ;). - I'm fixing someone else job
    and now It must be done this way (I other way I have to change about 25000
    code lines:) ).

    best Regards
    rgasiore <eye>

    Radek G., Jun 14, 2004

  2. Radek G.

    Joe Smith Guest

    Radek G. wrote:

    > I have a form requiring some values to be entered - some of them are
    > mandatory some of the them are not. Submiting The Form targets other
    > script(script no 2), where is checked if mandatory fields was filled. If all
    > mandatory fields was not entered scpript should REDIRECT to previous form

    No, the entered script should re-display the form.

    Here is one of the cases where it makes sense to use a single CGI, not
    an html document and two CGIs.

    1) If called with no data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out.
    2) If called with some data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out
    with some fields filled in and some fields highlighted in red.
    3) If called with all required data, process it.

    Note that this is an html/cgi problem, and is not specific to perl.
    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Radek G.

    Radek G. Guest

    Uzytkownik "Joe Smith" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > Radek G. wrote:
    >
    > > I have a form requiring some values to be entered - some of them are
    > > mandatory some of the them are not. Submiting The Form targets other
    > > script(script no 2), where is checked if mandatory fields was filled. If

    all
    > > mandatory fields was not entered scpript should REDIRECT to previous

    form

    > No, the entered script should re-display the form.

    that is right it should, but It doesn't(not my work ;) )

    > Here is one of the cases where it makes sense to use a single CGI, not
    > an html document and two CGIs.
    >
    > 1) If called with no data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out.
    > 2) If called with some data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out
    > with some fields filled in and some fields highlighted in red.
    > 3) If called with all required data, process it.

    and that's right again, and I known it all this cases. Anyway I have to do
    it in two scripts (don't ask way - just say I'm fixing someone massed up
    job).

    > Note that this is an html/cgi problem, and is not specific to perl.

    I'm not asking about general CGI coding methods but about some specivied
    packages, classes, functions for Perl language enable to solve my problem by
    redirecting as POST with virtual hidden fileds.

    -rgasiore<eye>

    Radek G., Jun 17, 2004
  4. Radek G.

    Joe Smith Guest

    Radek G. wrote:

    >>Note that this is an html/cgi problem, and is not specific to perl.

    > I'm not asking about general CGI coding methods but about some specivied
    > packages, classes, functions for Perl language enable to solve my problem by
    > redirecting as POST with virtual hidden fileds.

    The redirect is processed by the browser. Many browsers have problems
    dealing with redirect and POST together. It's both a lack of standards
    and a lack of functionality in the browser. Good luck in locating a solution.
    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Jun 17, 2004
  5. Radek G.

    Radek G. Guest