    is never shown, and is less than 1kb, but is this normal behaviour for
    asp.net? or is there something misconfigured on the server?

    Thanks.
    Paul, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On 5 Jul, 15:15, Paul <> wrote:
    > I've enabled http-compression on a server and was profiling the site
    > with fiddler. I noticed that every request to any asp.net site on the
    > server seems to return a 302 page before returning a 200. The 302 page
    > is never shown, and is less than 1kb, but is this normal behaviour for
    > asp.net? or is there something misconfigured on the server?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Sorry, thaty should be 301:

    HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Permanently
    Paul, Jul 5, 2007

  3. This is normal, I believe. When a compressed page is requested, IIS has to
    determine if the browser supports compression or not. If not, it will serve
    the page; if so, it will server the compressed page. I believe the 301 is
    used when compression is allowed and it is the "redirect" that sends the
    browser to the compressed bits.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 5, 2007
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On 5 Jul, 15:51, "Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)"
    <> wrote:
    > This is normal, I believe. When a compressed page is requested, IIS has to
    > determine if the browser supports compression or not. If not, it will serve
    > the page; if so, it will server the compressed page. I believe the 301 is
    > used when compression is allowed and it is the "redirect" that sends the
    > browser to the compressed bits.
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBAhttp://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com
    > Co-author: Microsoft Expression Web Bible (upcoming)

    > Think outside the box!

    > > I've enabled http-compression on a server and was profiling the site
    > > with fiddler. I noticed that every request to any asp.net site on the
    > > server seems to return a 302 page before returning a 200. The 302 page
    > > is never shown, and is less than 1kb, but is this normal behaviour for
    > > asp.net? or is there something misconfigured on the server?

    > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for clearing this up :).
    Paul, Jul 5, 2007