redirect on every request

Paul

I've enabled http-compression on a server and was profiling the site
with fiddler. I noticed that every request to any asp.net site on the
server seems to return a 302 page before returning a 200. The 302 page
is never shown, and is less than 1kb, but is this normal behaviour for
asp.net? or is there something misconfigured on the server?

Thanks.

Paul

I've enabled http-compression on a server and was profiling the site
with fiddler. I noticed that every request to any asp.net site on the
server seems to return a 302 page before returning a 200. The 302 page
is never shown, and is less than 1kb, but is this normal behaviour for
asp.net? or is there something misconfigured on the server?

Thanks.

Sorry, thaty should be 301:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Permanently

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

This is normal, I believe. When a compressed page is requested, IIS has to
determine if the browser supports compression or not. If not, it will serve
the page; if so, it will server the compressed page. I believe the 301 is
used when compression is allowed and it is the "redirect" that sends the
browser to the compressed bits.

Paul

--
Gregory A. Beamer