Redirect Problem

Discussion in 'XML' started by WebHouse.Co@gmail.com, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi Sir

    I'm in my 2nd year in M.Sc. degree & I made a project about the
    powerful tools SQLXML 3.0 & updategram, so I made a list of programs
    which r they so similar to the example that using updategram with ASP
    That exist in the documentation of the Microsoft SQL Server XML Tools
    as the following page:

    Sample ASP Application
    This ASP application allows you to update customer information in the
    Customers table in the Northwind database. The application does the
    following
    Ask user to enter a customer ID. Using this customer ID value, execute
    a template to retrieve customer information from Customers table. This
    information is displayed using an HTML form.
    The user is then allowed to update customer information (not the
    Customer ID because it is the primary key and also to keep the
    application simple). Once the user hits the submit button, an
    updategram (which is also a template) is executed. All the form
    parameters are passed to the updategram.
    This is the first template (GetCustomer.xml). Save this template in the
    directory associated with virtual name of template type.
    <root xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">
    <sql:header>
    <sql:param name="cid"></sql:param>
    </sql:header>
    <sql:query>
    SELECT *
    FROM Customers
    WHERE CustomerID=@cid
    FOR XML AUTO
    </sql:query>
    </root>
    This is the second template (UpdateCustomer.xml). Save this template in
    the directory associated with virtual name of template type.
    <ROOT xmlns:updg="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-updategram">
    <updg:header>
    <updg:param name="cid"/>
    <updg:param name="companyname" />
    <updg:param name="contactname" />
    <updg:param name="contacttitle" />
    <updg:param name="address" />
    <updg:param name="city" />
    <updg:param name="region" />
    <updg:param name="postalcode" />
    <updg:param name="country" />
    <updg:param name="phone" />
    <updg:param name="fax" />

    </updg:header>
    <updg:sync >
    <updg:before>
    <Customers CustomerID="$cid" />
    </updg:before>
    <updg:after>
    <Customers CustomerID="$cid"
    CompanyName="$companyname"
    ContactName="$contactname"
    ContactTitle="$contacttitle"
    Address="$address"
    City="$city"
    Region="$region"
    PostalCode="$postalcode"
    Country="$country"
    Phone="$phone"
    Fax="$fax" />
    </updg:after>
    </updg:sync>
    </ROOT>
    This is the ASP application (SampleASP.asp). Save it in the directory
    associated with a virtual root created using Internet Services Manager
    utility (this virtual root is not created using IIS Virtual Directory
    Management for SQL Server utility because the handle of it does not
    understand asp applications).
    <% LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT %>
    <%
    Dim CustID
    CustID=Request.Form("cid")
    %>
    <%
    'if cust id value is not yet provided, display this form
    if CustID="" then
    %>
    <!-- the CustID has not been specified so we display the form that
    allows users to enter an id -->
    <form action="SampleASP.asp" method="POST">
    Enter CustID: <input type=text name="cid"><br>
    <-- Otherwise, we have already entered an customerID, so display the
    second part of the form where the user can change cust info -->
    <%
    else
    %>
    <form name="Customer"
    action="http://localhost/nwind/Template/UpdateCustomer.xml"
    method="POST">
    You may update customer information below.<br><br>
    <!-- comment goes here to separate the parts of the application or page
    -->
    <%
    ' Let us load the document in the parser and extract the values to
    populate the form.
    Set objXML=Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DomDocument")

    objXML.async=False
    objXML.Load("http://localhost/nwind/Template/GetCustomer.xml?cid="
    & CustID)
    set objCustomer=objXML.documentElement.childNodes.Item(0)
    ' In retrieving data form the database, if a value in the column is
    NULL,
    ' we don't get any attribute for the corresponding element. In this
    ' case we want to skip the error generation and go to the next
    attribute
    On Error Resume Next

    ' get the cid attribute value
    Response.Write "Cust ID: <input type=text readonly=true
    style='background-color:silver' name=cid value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(0).value
    Response.Write """><br><br>"

    ' get the companyname attribute value
    Response.Write "Company Name: <input type=text name=companyname
    value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(1).value
    Response.Write """><br><br>"

    ' the contactname attribute
    Response.Write "Contact Name: <input type=text name=contactname
    value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(2).value
    Response.Write """><br>"

    ' get the Contacttitle attribute value
    Response.Write "Contact Title: <input type=text name=contacttitle
    value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(3).value
    Response.Write """><br><br>"

    ' get the address attribute value
    Response.Write "Address: <input type=text name=address value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(4).value
    Response.Write """><br><br>"

    ' the city attribute
    Response.Write "City: <input type=text name=city value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(5).value
    Response.Write """><br>"

    ' get the region attribute value
    Response.Write "Region: <input type=text name=region value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(6).value
    Response.Write """><br><br>"

    ' get the postalcode attribute value
    Response.Write "PostalCode: <input type=text name=postalcode
    value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(7).value
    Response.Write """><br><br>"

    ' the country attribute
    Response.Write "Country: <input type=text name=country value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(8).value
    Response.Write """><br>"

    ' get the phone attribute value
    Response.Write "Phone: <input type=text name=phone value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(9).value
    Response.Write """><br><br>"

    ' the fax attribute
    Response.Write "Fax: <input type=text name=fax value="""
    Response.Write objCustomer.attributes(10).value
    Response.Write """><br>"

    set objCustomer=Nothing
    Set objXML=Nothing
    %>
    <input type=hidden name="contenttype" value="text/xml">
    <input type=hidden name="eeid" value="<%=CustID%>"><br><br>
    <% end if %>
    </form>

    So, as u see this ASP program is so helpful for me & I depend on it not
    only on my study but also in business jobs that I want to made

    My problems is that if we want to execute this ASP file it'll work
    very well but redirect the user after he made the submit to the
    execution of the updateCustomer.xml because the action in the form is
    set to this page to make the execution , so please help me to
    execute the ASP file without showing the user the execution page of the
    updateCustomer.xml page instead of that I can redirect the user to any
    other page or the same

    , Sep 19, 2005