    when that particular flag is true.

    Appreciate your inputs

    , Dec 18, 2006

  2. Not sure what you are trying to achieve by doing this, but in real
    world web applications, this is normally achieved by having the server
    point to a context/another server that presents downtime information
    and alternatives/ETC while the app is down. I am no network expert, but
    you might want to look into this option instead of coding your
    application around a down/up variable.

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Dec 18, 2006