Redirect to another page

b_naick

I need to write a perl script which manufactures a URL based on certain
variables, then redirects to another page..

soemthing like this:

params = 1,5|1,8|2,10
url = "http://mysites.com/myapge.aspx?" + params
redirect(url);

can someone pls provide me with a snipet of code to do this in perl?

I am perl illiterate.. :)

Bijoy

Paul Lalli

I need to write a perl script which manufactures a URL based on certain
variables, then redirects to another page..

soemthing like this:

params = 1,5|1,8|2,10
url = "http://mysites.com/myapge.aspx?" + params
redirect(url);

can someone pls provide me with a snipet of code to do this in perl?

I am perl illiterate.. :)

Are you FAQ illiterate too?

perldoc -q redirect
Found in /opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/pod/perlfaq9.pod
How do I redirect to another page?

Paul Lalli

xhoster

I need to write a perl script which manufactures a URL based on certain
variables, then redirects to another page..

soemthing like this:

params = 1,5|1,8|2,10
url = "http://mysites.com/myapge.aspx?" + params
redirect(url);

can someone pls provide me with a snipet of code to do this in perl?

I am perl illiterate.. :)

If you are Perl illiterate and starting code from scratch, then you should
choose a different language (one in which you are not illiterate) in which
to implement this. Or learn Perl from scratch.

On the other hand, if you are not starting from scratch but rather
maintaining existing code, then you should tell us something about this
existing code.

If you are using CGI.pm, which you almost certainly should be, then read
about CGI.pm's "redirect" method. In fact, read all of CGI's docs. There
are plenty of snipets of code therein.

Xho

Paul Lalli

oooh sarcasm!

thx neways.

Please quote some context when composing a reply.

Please do not use "cutsie", instant-message style spelling.

Please read the Perl FAQ before posting.

Please read the comp.lang.perl.misc Posting Guidelines before posting.

Please *do* show some genuine appreciation at my having pointed you
*directly to the answer*!

BAH! And people wonder why the regulars in this group get bent out of
shape so easily.

Slowly counting backwards from 100,
Paul Lalli

Scott Bryce

oooh sarcasm!

When you reply that way to a perfectly good answer to your question, you
come across as stupid.

thx neways.

When you spell that way, you come across as illiterate.

Assuming I am wrong, try looking here:

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.4/pod/perlfaq9.html#How-do-I-redirect-to-another-page-

You are expected to make some attempt at finding the answers on your own
before you post here.

http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml

If after reading the documentation, you still can't figure out the
answer, please post the code you have tried, and we will help you fix it.

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
Sarcastic idiots like you drive people away from boards

This is not a board. This is UseNet.

Oh, by the way, *PLONK*

Next?

Sinan

b_naick

I didn't realize that this ng is for Perl experts only.. Your initial
jab at me was unwarranted. What purpose does the following serve?? "Are
you FAQ illiterate too?".

A simple, straight forward, to the point answer was more than
sufficient.. if you find my question or IM style annoying, you didn't
have to respond.

b_naick

A perfectly good answer?? what purpose does this serve?? -> "Are you
FAQ illiterate too?"

So everyone who uses an IM style for posting to a forum is illierate?

Some of you start with expect everyone here to be Perl experts, then
slam people with limited Perl knowledge.

b_naick

A note to newsgroup ``regulars'':

Do not use these guidelines as a "license to flame" or other
meanness. It is possible that a poster is unaware of things
discussed here. Give them the benefit of the doubt, and just
help them learn how to post, rather than assume

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

I didn't realize that this ng is for Perl experts only.. Your initial
jab at me was unwarranted. What purpose does the following serve?? "Are
you FAQ illiterate too?".

A wild guess would be that the purpose was to call your attention to the
posting guidelines for this group.
if you find my question or IM style annoying, you didn't
have to respond.

True. Next time Paul probably won't. Neither will a large amount of
other experienced Perl programmers.

b_naick

A simple "Please check the FAQ's before posting" conveys the same
message; in a non-confrontational manner.

Jürgen Exner

A simple "Please check the FAQ's before posting" conveys the same
message; in a non-confrontational manner.

How often would you like the notice "Please check the FAQ's before posting"
being posted to this NG? At the moment it happens twice weekly. Apparently
that is not enough, so please let us know which frequency you prefer. I am
sure Tad can adjust the schedule for the bot easily.

jue

Jürgen Exner

Sarcastic idiots like you drive people away from boards

Whom are you talking to? Would be nice if you would quote some context -as
has been customary for some 20 years- such that people have a chance to know
what you are talking about.

BTW: what board are you talking about?

jue

Jürgen Exner

So everyone who uses an IM style for posting to a forum is illierate?

I don't know. I do know however that people who are using cutesy
abbreviations are very inconsiderate (or to put it bluntly: plain rude) to
those, whose first language is not Americanese and therefore are forced to
read articles with the help of a dictionary.
Some of you start with expect everyone here to be Perl experts, then
slam people with limited Perl knowledge.

What does deliberately wrong spelling have to do with Perl expertise?

jue

Scott Bryce

A perfectly good answer?? what purpose does this serve?? -> "Are you
FAQ illiterate too?"

Paul pointed you to the exact place in the Perl FAQ where your question
was already answered. This NG is not here for the purpose of reading the
FAQ to people. We expect you to be able to read it yourself. If you took
the time to read the FAQ, you would have known that his answer was
perfectly good. In case you weren't familiar with the Perl FAQ (many
perl newbies on Windows systems aren't) I posted a URL to the
appropriate place in the FAQ at perldoc.com. You really couldn't get a
better answer than you already got here.

So everyone who uses an IM style for posting to a forum is illierate?

You misspelled half the words in your post. English is not the first
language for many of the regulars here. This isn't IM. You are expected
to use correct English here, if you want to be understood.

Some of you start with expect everyone here to be Perl experts, then
slam people with limited Perl knowledge.

No. We are very happy to help people who are just learning. We aren't,
however, eager to help people who don't show any interest in putting
forth a little effort to find the answers to their own questions, even
after being show exactly where to look.

Your behavior here has been very rude. It is beyond me how people can
barge in here like they own the place, insult some of the best Perl
minds in the world, expect us to write their code for them, then
complain when they can't get help!

b_naick

Judging from some of the responses to my question and some others, it
seem like being arrogant is a pre-requisite to posting on this group.
what's with all the sarcastic responses?

"oooh sarcasm" is rude.. but "Are you FAQ illiterate too? " isn't.??

what about "A wild guess would be that the purpose was to call your
attention to the
posting guidelines for this group." Folks can't respond with simple
sentences?

"As regards the sarcasm, the OP asked for it".. WTF??? If you find
some posts to be not response worthy, don't respond.. no need to
respond in an arrogant/sarcastic manner.

To give you some background.. my perl knowledge is close to ZERO. I
asked the question because a colleage of mine is having trouble
"redirecting" the script to my asp page. I figured we could get a quick
response by asking the people who deal with perl a lot.. Instead all I
get is accusations of being rude and a whole lot of sarcasm.