redirect URL's, return URL's, and URL Parameters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jon paugh, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. Jon paugh

    Jon paugh Guest

    Hi,

    In our app we have many cases where there are return
    buttons. In some cases these return buttons are on search
    result item pages, and the return button allows the user
    to return to the search. On other pages the return button
    goes back to some other record. In all cases, there are
    some parameters involved.

    Basically, we have a web app with a lot of complex
    navigation.

    Any ideas on how to handle this web? We looked at the
    User Interface Process Application Block, but I don't
    know if we want to stick our ENTIRE app into XML or have
    a single controller for the entire app which is what that
    seems to require. What are others doing?

    Having each developer add their own return URLs to
    session seems like a bad idea...

    Thanks!

    Jon Paugh

    Jon paugh, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Jon paugh

    Tee Guest

    You don't have to let all your Back buttons be server control. Some of them
    could be just a client side button with javascript code back to previous
    page.

    Tee, Jul 10, 2004