RedirectFromLoginPage: Returns to login page.

Tim Murphy

I'm using the following code in my login.aspx page to validate a user. The
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(cUser,bPersistent) gets called but
login.aspx gets redisplayed instead of returning to the calling page. If I
change the address line in IE to the calling page I can see the new user has
been logged.

I'm using Windows 2000 Pro + ASP.Net 1.1.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Tim

<script language="VB" runat="server">

Sub ProcessLogin(objSender As Object, objArgs As EventArgs)

Dim cUser As String
Dim cPassword As String
Dim bPersistent As Boolean

cUser = txtUser.Text
cPassword = txtPassword.Text
bPersistent = chkPersistLogin.Checked

' This is were I should compare to the database.
If True Then
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(cUser,bPersistent)
Else
ErrorMessage.InnerHtml = "<b>Something went wrong...</b> please re-enter
your credentials..."
End If

End Sub

</script>

Tim Murphy

One should always sleep on a problem before pulling their hair out.

The problem was the cookie setting in ZoneAlarm.

Tim