Redirecting cout/cerr to System.out/System.err

william.lichtenberger

I have a java application that logs the System.out and System.err
(among other things) to a file.

I'm looking for a way to capture cout statements that are in VC++ dlls
invoked through JNI in the log as well.

If I run the application from a debugger or simply command line, the
cout statements appear in the console. It would seem there would be
some way to pipe them back to java.

I've considered redirecting the output to the same file that the JVM
is writing to, but this seems like it would cause all sorts of other
issues.