Redirecting from web page to local folder?

Nicolae Fieraru

Hi All,
I do some web design on an XP system and I intend to make a navigation
system based on a browser interface.
I created a home page on my local IIS and I see the page in IE. What I would
like to do is to have a link which will open the location not in a browser,
but as a folder.

I can do that if I place a html file called "swap.htm" with this content:

But I have to click myself first on swap.htm and then on the "View as
folder" link
I was trying to use an asp page called "swap.asp" and when I click on it, to
redirect me to file:///C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebs\_Reference
The content of "swap.asp" is
<%
response.redirect("file:///C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebs\_Reference")
%>

However, it gives me an error (the page cannot be displayed)
Any ideas if there is a workaround this?

Regards,
Nicolae

Andrew J Durstewitz

You cannot redirect users using the file:// string. Since final code is
processed client side it will attempt to redirect the user to that
folder locally.

I would setup directory browsing on the folder and redirect to it that
way.

Although that doesn't allow users to tranfere files back to the server
you can use FTP for that.

hth,
Andrew

* * * Sent via DevBuilder http://www.devbuilder.org * * *
Developer Resources for High End Developers.

Nicolae Fieraru

Thank you Andrew,

The code for personal use and it is meant only to run on my local
computer...
Because I modify very often some of the web pages I have in IIS, I
would like to be able to click on a link and to have their folder
open, so I can edit it with my editor program

Regards,
Nicolae