Redirecting help

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joseph Minton, Feb 6, 2013.

  1. My employer uses Reportal, which will basically create a web version
    of a Crystal report. Unfortunately, a user can not refer to a sub-
    report from within a sub-report. However, from within the sub-report,
    I can pass pass off the folllowing URL with parameters to in theory
    fire off another Crystal Report in Reportal.

    For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
    P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}

    Unfortunately with Reportal, there is a requirement after aspx? to
    place the report number within reportal. Thus, the above example
    won't work since I can't call id=102 in this case

    For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
    id=102&P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}

    So, I'm wondering if I can set a target redirect ASP up that will pass
    on the parameters and then redirect the page and have it add id=102 to
    the correct location in the above example.

    BTW, in just a regular ASP page, I could use this to pass the id=102.
    I just can't figure out how to redirect it.

    <form action="NameDetails.aspx?" method="GET" name="parmform">
    <input type = "hidden" value = "102" name = "id">
    Joseph Minton, Feb 6, 2013

  2. Joseph Minton

    Evertjan. Guest

    Joseph Minton wrote on 06 feb 2013 in

    > My employer uses Reportal, which will basically create a web version
    > of a Crystal report. Unfortunately, a user can not refer to a sub-
    > report from within a sub-report. However, from within the sub-report,
    > I can pass pass off the folllowing URL with parameters to in theory
    > fire off another Crystal Report in Reportal.
    >
    > For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
    > P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}
    >
    > Unfortunately with Reportal, there is a requirement after aspx? to
    > place the report number within reportal. Thus, the above example
    > won't work since I can't call id=102 in this case
    >
    > For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
    > id=102&P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}
    >
    > So, I'm wondering if I can set a target redirect ASP up that will pass
    > on the parameters and then redirect the page and have it add id=102 to
    > the correct location in the above example.
    >
    > BTW, in just a regular ASP page, I could use this to pass the id=102.
    > I just can't figure out how to redirect it.
    >
    > <form action="NameDetails.aspx?" method="GET" name="parmform">

    The "?" is not needed here.

    > <input type = "hidden" value = "102" name = "id">

    This is a clientside redirection,
    effectively the same as:

    ====================================

    ASP serverside redirection can only be immediate,
    before any content-streaming has been done to the client.

    <% 'vbs
    response.redirect "NameDetails.aspx?id=102"
    %>

    or

    <% 'js
    Response.redirect('NameDetails.aspx?id=102');
    %>

    It seems you have a bad spell of aspx-itis,
    purposely inflicted on you by MS,
    having you believing that there is no difference
    between serverside and clientside.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.