Redirecting javascript calls or managing them in an iframe.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Merennulli, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. Merennulli

    Merennulli Guest

    We've got several tools we're encorporating into a single page
    interface, or as nearly single page as we can manage. Unfortunately,
    one is a vendor created application that I'm not eager to rewrite, and
    they have gone with the approach of nearly everything opening in its
    own window. Can't fix that. I can, however, embed the central part of
    this tool in an iframe, so our users can search the database and find
    constituents with the top level tools easily.

    The problem is that its main page is a set of frames, the top frameset
    page being the repository of several javascript functions. Frame B will
    call top.changetitle("blah") that goes to the top frameset, which in
    turn calls frameA.changetitle("blah"), which changes the title text in
    Frame A to "blah". It will take me several days to go through and find
    all these top calls and direct them down to the iframe level. Is there
    any way of redirecting them, or am I stuck doing this for each
    individual function?:

    this_function() {
    frame.this_function()
    }

    On the bright side, if I'm stuck with the latter, I may be able to
    reuse their set of redirects out of their main page.
    Merennulli, Sep 8, 2006