    I am managing user access by enabling and disabling the links on the web
    page depending on the user.

    cheers
    vips, Mar 30, 2005

  2. vips

    Brock Allen Guest

    You should look into the <authorization> element in web.config -- this allows
    you to specify who is and isn't allowed to see certain pages and it automatically
    redirects the user to a login page (or any page you specify) if they're not
    authorized:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/cpgenref/html/gngrfauthorizationsection.asp

    And here's a way more in depth look:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetch03.asp

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 30, 2005

  3. vips

    vips Guest

    how to use roles ...do i need to create tables ??
    what should be the table strcuture ..
    can u give me an example of creating this security model ...if I am using
    windows based authentication.

    please help...

    vips, Mar 30, 2005
  4. vips

    Brock Allen Guest

    The docs cover that. Also, the second link I gave you should give you more
    insights. But yes, windows authentication is supported and it does allow
    you to specify the windows groups.

    Brock Allen, Mar 30, 2005