    page if the password entered is invalid...

    is possible

    thanx for any help

    digime, Feb 10, 2005

  2. digime wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can I redirect to any page on Authorisation Required 401 Error?
    >
    > I put a password on my page with .htaccess and I want to redirect to
    > anther page if the password entered is invalid...
    >
    > is possible
    >
    > thanx for any help

    I never tried it, but under a Linux host, how about changing 401.shtml to
    something like:

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="1;URL=./my_new_page.htm">
    </HEAD>
    <BODY BGCOLOR=EEEEEE>
    <H1>Redirection</H1>
    You should shortly be redirected to:<BR>
    <B>Page X</B>
    <P>If this does not happen, <a href="./my_new_page.htm">click here</a></P>
    </BODY></HTML>

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Feb 10, 2005

  3. digime

    digime Guest

    yes thanx .. but it must be something that I must write in .htaccess file...

    I dont know what is.. I'v tryed to put standard redicrect commands but
    thats cause an Internal Server Error...

    digime, Feb 10, 2005