Redirecting to page page...

digime

Hi,

Can I redirect to any page on Authorisation Required 401 Error?

I put a password on my page with .htaccess and I want to redirect to anther
page if the password entered is invalid...

is possible

thanx for any help

Roy Schestowitz

digime said:
Hi,

Can I redirect to any page on Authorisation Required 401 Error?

I put a password on my page with .htaccess and I want to redirect to
anther page if the password entered is invalid...

is possible

thanx for any help

I never tried it, but under a Linux host, how about changing 401.shtml to
something like:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="1;URL=./my_new_page.htm">
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=EEEEEE>
<H1>Redirection</H1>
You should shortly be redirected to:<BR>
<B>Page X</B>
<P>If this does not happen, <a href="./my_new_page.htm">click here</a></P>
</BODY></HTML>

digime

yes thanx .. but it must be something that I must write in .htaccess file...

I dont know what is.. I'v tryed to put standard redicrect commands but
thats cause an Internal Server Error...