redirecting webpage (finding out the name of the server)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by stig, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. stig

    stig Guest

    hi

    in a web-application we use a form where people enter some information.
    when they save the information the page should save and then redirect to
    another page. as far as i know to redirect the has to use non-relative
    path to redirect to.
    and here comes the problem, we use two servers and round robin, so i
    would like the script to redirect to the currently used server.

    is it at all possible to make relative redirections (not giving entire
    server path ie: http://www1.some.com/cgi-bin/next_page.cgi)?

    or, how do i find out the name or IP of the server that is used
    currently (www1.some.com or www2.some.com) so that i can build a
    non-relative path myself?

    thanks in advance
    stig

    stig, Nov 11, 2003