Redirecting zip file

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by nagaraj, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. nagaraj

    nagaraj Guest

    Hi All,

    Good Morning, The problem which i am facing is related with IIS 6.0

    in Win2K3.

    The problem:

    I have a ASP page which redirect a zip file which resides in

    the Application data path, while access this page i am getting the PAGE

    CANNOT BE FOUND error, with the URL

    "http:\\172.16.10.98\CWSLite\Temp\Client.asp".

    But if i brows the same with URL http:\\localhost\CWSLite\Temp\Client.asp

    then i am getting the zip file.

    Please any one help me to get the file with IP address URL.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Regards,

    Nagaraj M

    nagaraj, Sep 13, 2003

  2. nagaraj

    Evertjan. Guest

    nagaraj wrote on 13 sep 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > I have a ASP page which redirect a zip file which resides in
    > the Application data path, while access this page i am getting the PAGE
    > CANNOT BE FOUND error, with the URL
    > "http:\\172.16.10.98\CWSLite\Temp\Client.asp".

    "http://172.16.10.98/CWSLite/Temp/Client.asp"

    The IP is a class B address space for private internets.

    Is your root index file reachable as "http://172.16.10.98/index.asp"

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 13, 2003

  3. nagaraj

    nagaraj Guest

    Thanks Evertjan,

    yes , My Root Index is reachable with the URL
    "http:\\172.16.10.98\CWSLite\Default.asp".

    I have to call this ASP page and get the Zip file with the URL
    "http:\\172.16.10.98\CWSLite\Temp\Client.asp".

    But this same URL is working with IIS 5.

    I am able to open my site, but only the problem is to redirecting the zip
    file.

    Is there any setting has to be done in the IIS Admin 6.0.

    Please let me know do you need more information.

    Regards
    Nagaraj.

    nagaraj, Sep 15, 2003
  4. nagaraj

    Evertjan. Guest

    nagaraj wrote on 15 sep 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have to call this ASP page and get the Zip file with the URL
    > "http:\\172.16.10.98\CWSLite\Temp\Client.asp".
    >
    > But this same URL is working with IIS 5.
    >
    > I am able to open my site, but only the problem is to redirecting the zip
    > file.

    Please try to exchange all \\'ses into //'ses in the respense.redirect
    argument string.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.