    Is there a way with IIS for the client web service call to get redirected to
    NewsService.asmx? In this way existing clients will work.

    Sham.

    sham, Jul 31, 2006

  2. you have two options. make the asmx the default document, or use an
    httpmodule to do it.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jul 31, 2006

  3. sham

    sham Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    I have written an httpModule and with the Cassini web server, the web
    service works as intended. With Cassini it appears that all requests get
    sent to the httpModule which then does the "rewrite" of the url (I.e. adds
    ..asmx to it).

    However, with IIS, how do you tell the web server to pass a URL with no
    extension to my asp application?

    In the application config tab of IIS, only extensions starting . can be
    mapped.

    Sham.

    "bruce barker (sqlwork.com)" <> wrote
    in message news:...