Redirection Question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Disco Octopus, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. Fred wrote :
    > Can you help me?
    > I'm trying to specify a target="_blank" In this redirect script but
    > can not figure it out.
    >
    > <script language="javascript">
    >
    > <!--
    >
    > location.replace("http://www.cnn.com");
    >
    > -->
    >
    > </script>
    >
    > how is this done?
    >
    > Thanks

    it looks like you are looking for a way to have a popup.

    look up window.open() or open()

    --
    a beef jerky web site : http://www.choicebeefjerky.com.au
    not a beef jerky web site : http://mycoolfish.com/vote.cmks

    Fred, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Disco Octopus wrote:
    > Fred wrote :
    >
    >> Can you help me?
    >> I'm trying to specify a target="_blank" In this redirect script but
    >> can not figure it out.
    >>
    >> <script language="javascript">
    >>
    >> <!--
    >> location.replace("http://www.cnn.com");
    >>
    >> -->
    >>
    >> </script>
    >>
    >> how is this done?

    > it looks like you are looking for a way to have a popup.
    >
    > look up window.open() or open()

    You mean
    var newWindow
    function makeNewWindow() {
    newWindow = window.open("url","sub","options+toolbars+width+height")
    }

    IMHO add also a close newWindow function.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart

    Edwin van der Vaart, Apr 28, 2005