redis beginner question

Jabba Laci

Hi,

I'm reading the redis documentation and there is one thing that
bothers me. For redis, you need to start a server on localhost. Is
there an easy way that my Python script starts this server
automatically? Before using my script, I don't want to start
redis-server each time. When my program terminates, the server could
be shut down automatically.

Thanks,

Laszlo

Roy Smith

Jabba Laci said:
Hi,

I'm reading the redis documentation and there is one thing that
bothers me. For redis, you need to start a server on localhost. Is
there an easy way that my Python script starts this server
automatically? Before using my script, I don't want to start
redis-server each time. When my program terminates, the server could
be shut down automatically.

Thanks,

Laszlo

Why do you want to stop redis after your program terminates? Generally,
you just start redis up when the system boots and leave it running.

Jabba Laci

Why do you want to stop redis after your program terminates?  Generally,
you just start redis up when the system boots and leave it running.

Hi,

OK, so it's more like MySQL or PostgeSQL, i.e. leave the server
running in the background. I wanted to use it like SQLite, i.e. let it
run only when I need it.

Laszlo

Roy Smith

Why do you want to stop redis after your program terminates?  Generally,
you just start redis up when the system boots and leave it running.

Hi,

OK, so it's more like MySQL or PostgeSQL, i.e. leave the server
running in the background.[/QUOTE]

That's how I would treat it.