redrawing a form

Guest

my program draws a form and when you click the start button another form is
drawn with a progress bar as it runs through a function. my issue is that
when you click on another progrem then try to go back to the progress bar
form it doesn't redraw itself. i tried using a:

if(num%100==0)
this.Update();

where num is just to count each time it runs through the loop. the program
still works and finishes, but i can't seem to get the progress bar form to
redraw itself. the this.Refresh() and Update() did not work either. any
suggestions?

btw...it's for an installer, so as it's uploading the database the progress
bar goes, all of it works fine, just need the form to redraw itself if it
loses focus.

Scott Allen

This is a client side application? I'm assuming so since it is an
installer. A better group to ask in is:
nntp://microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms

Hint:

You'll need to perform processing work on a background thread in order
for the main thread to repaint the window.