    (x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
    I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.

    any comment and remark is appreciated

    naliali, Aug 7, 2007

  2. naliali

    Army1987 Guest

    On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 02:39:11 -0700, naliali wrote:

    > Hi there!
    > I suppose to implement a Reed Solomon decoder for Inmarsat video
    > receiver, but I know very little about its specification.
    > unfortunately I couldn't find any useful information on the net about
    > FEC used in Inmarsat.
    > I know the following information about this RS :
    > - it is over GF(32) by primitive polynomial p(x) = x^5+x^2+1 = 37
    > - Data length is 15 and parity length is 16, so having RS(31,15, 37)
    >
    > but the major problem is that I don't know it's generator polynomial
    > g(x). using default Matlab RS encoder, I found that Matlab uses g(x)
    > =
    > (x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
    > I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.

    This is off topic in this newsgroup, which deals with the C
    programming language. Ask these question somewhere else (maybe
    sci.crypt?), and come back here once you know what to do, if you
    have problems implementing it.
    --
    Army1987 (Replace "NOSPAM" with "email")
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained

    Army1987, Aug 7, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    Army1987 <> wrote:
    >This is off topic in this newsgroup, which deals with the C

    No shit? You actually had to post this drivel, didn't you?

    Kenny McCormack, Aug 7, 2007
  4. naliali

    CBFalconer Guest

    naliali wrote:

    > I suppose to implement a Reed Solomon decoder for Inmarsat video
    > receiver, but I know very little about its specification.
    > unfortunately I couldn't find any useful information on the net
    > about FEC used in Inmarsat.
    >
    > I know the following information about this RS :
    > - it is over GF(32) by primitive polynomial p(x) = x^5+x^2+1 = 37
    > - Data length is 15 and parity length is 16, so having RS(31,15, 37)
    >
    > but the major problem is that I don't know it's generator polynomial
    > g(x). using default Matlab RS encoder, I found that Matlab uses g(x)
    > = (x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
    > I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.

    This has nothing to do with the C language, and is off-topic here
    on c.l.c. Try comp.programming. F'ups set.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Aug 7, 2007
  5. naliali

    user923005 Guest