Refactoring browser for C++ ?

Juan

Hi,

Does anyone if is there any refactoring browser (or some ide supporting
refactoring) for C++ ? There are two dead projects in sourceforge, but I
found nothing more...

Regards,

- Juancho

Ira Baxter

I don't think so.

Juan said:
Does anyone if is there any refactoring browser (or some ide supporting
refactoring) for C++ ? There are two dead projects in sourceforge, but I
found nothing more...

We have the machinery to support the basics of refactoring of C++:
parsing, treebuilding, analyzing, patternmatching, transforming,
prettyprinting, and are starting to carry out interesting transformations
on large C++ codes with it.

It isn't packaged as browser or an IDE interface.
Rather, it is packaged as a set of tools for which one can
code arbitrary transforms.

See the DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit.
http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

Juan

Hi,

Thank you for your the web site, but I'd need a "real" refactoring tool,
like Eclipse for Java... It seems that C++ programmers don't refactor their
code :)

Regards,

- Juan

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO 512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc. www.semdesigns.com

=---

tom_usenet

Hi,

Thank you for your the web site, but I'd need a "real" refactoring tool,
like Eclipse for Java... It seems that C++ programmers don't refactor their
code :)

Eclipse for C++ should have refactoring eventually. It's much much
harder to do it for C++ though than Java, mainly because C++ is a much
more complex language and is a lot harder to parse. Templates further
complicate matters.

Tom

C++ FAQ: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Juan

I'd love to use Eclipse for C++ with the same features as in Java. I thought
Visual Studio was the best ide ever until I started using Eclipse at work...
It's really awesome.

Christoph Rabel

Juan said:
I'd love to use Eclipse for C++ with the same features as in Java. I thought
Visual Studio was the best ide ever until I started using Eclipse at work...
It's really awesome.

No, VS is a rather stupid IDE. But with the Visual Assist
extension from:

www.wholetomato.com

it is awsome!

Since this is OT here, f'up to me.

Christoph

Juan

Well, I know we are a bit off topic but, do you know other tools for a C++
programmer in a Windows world?

Visual Assist looks great ! It's a pity to pay for something that is free in
Eclipse, but well, this is the windows' way.

- Juan

Juan

Well, I know I'm a bit off-topic but, do you know other tools for a C++