    found nothing more...

    Regards,

    - Juancho
    Juan, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Juan

    Tom Guest

    I don't think so.

    Tom, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Juan

    Ira Baxter Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    I don't think so.

    "Juan" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone if is there any refactoring browser (or some ide

    supporting
    > refactoring) for C++ ? There are two dead projects in sourceforge, but I
    > found nothing more...

    We have the machinery to support the basics of refactoring of C++:
    parsing, treebuilding, analyzing, patternmatching, transforming,
    prettyprinting, and are starting to carry out interesting transformations
    on large C++ codes with it.

    It isn't packaged as browser or an IDE interface.
    Rather, it is packaged as a set of tools for which one can
    code arbitrary transforms.

    See the DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit.
    http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

    --
    Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO 512-250-1018
    Semantic Designs, Inc. www.semdesigns.com

    Ira Baxter, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Juan

    Juan Guest

    Hi,

    Thank you for your the web site, but I'd need a "real" refactoring tool,
    like Eclipse for Java... It seems that C++ programmers don't refactor their
    code :)

    Regards,

    - Juan

    > We have the machinery to support the basics of refactoring of C++:
    > parsing, treebuilding, analyzing, patternmatching, transforming,
    > prettyprinting, and are starting to carry out interesting transformations
    > on large C++ codes with it.
    >
    > It isn't packaged as browser or an IDE interface.
    > Rather, it is packaged as a set of tools for which one can
    > code arbitrary transforms.
    >
    > See the DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit.
    > http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.
    >
    > --
    > Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO 512-250-1018
    > Semantic Designs, Inc. www.semdesigns.com

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =---
    Juan, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Juan

    tom_usenet Guest

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:25:43 +0100, "Juan" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > Thank you for your the web site, but I'd need a "real" refactoring tool,
    >like Eclipse for Java... It seems that C++ programmers don't refactor their
    >code :)

    Eclipse for C++ should have refactoring eventually. It's much much
    harder to do it for C++ though than Java, mainly because C++ is a much
    more complex language and is a lot harder to parse. Templates further
    complicate matters.

    Tom

    tom_usenet, Dec 9, 2003
  6. Juan

    Juan Guest

    I'd love to use Eclipse for C++ with the same features as in Java. I thought
    Visual Studio was the best ide ever until I started using Eclipse at work...
    It's really awesome.

    Juan, Dec 11, 2003
  7. Juan wrote:
    > I'd love to use Eclipse for C++ with the same features as in Java. I thought
    > Visual Studio was the best ide ever until I started using Eclipse at work...
    > It's really awesome.

    No, VS is a rather stupid IDE. But with the Visual Assist
    extension from:

    www.wholetomato.com

    it is awsome!

    Since this is OT here, f'up to me.

    Christoph
    Christoph Rabel, Dec 11, 2003
  8. Juan

    Juan Guest

    Well, I know we are a bit off topic but, do you know other tools for a C++
    programmer in a Windows world?

    Visual Assist looks great ! It's a pity to pay for something that is free in
    Eclipse, but well, this is the windows' way.

    - Juan

    Juan, Dec 12, 2003
  9. Juan

    Juan Guest

    Well, I know I'm a bit off-topic but, do you know other tools for a C++

    Juan, Dec 12, 2003