    Some months ago, I read about a utility that factors out static classes,
    making them be instantiated. Has anyone heard of this utulity (because now I
    cannot remember it), what it is called? Thanks

    R. Vince, Mar 22, 2007

  2. R. Vince

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On Mar 22, 7:31 am, "R. Vince" <rvince99 a t hotmail d o t com>
    wrote:
    > Some months ago, I read about a utility that factors out static classes,
    > making them be instantiated. Has anyone heard of this utulity (because now I
    > cannot remember it), what it is called? Thanks

    Classes can not be instantiated. Objects can be instantiated.

    Without you clarifying more what you actually want, I can't really
    help.

    Could you have meant to ask one of the following questions?

    How do I move a static inner class to a top level class?
    How do I make a static member into an instance member?
    How do I instantiate an object?
    What is refactorying, and how do I do it?

    Daniel Pitts, Mar 22, 2007

  3. PÃ¥ Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:31:05 +0100, skrev R. Vince <rvince99 a t hotmail d
    o t <"com>">:

    > Some months ago, I read about a utility that factors out static classes,
    > making them be instantiated. Has anyone heard of this utulity (because
    > now I
    > cannot remember it), what it is called? Thanks

    You mean turn static nested classes into top-level classes? Usually you
    would do that in an IDE so that all affected classes in a project or
    workspace get updates as well (since the outer class no longer forms part
    of the namespace). Eclipse, Netbeans, JBuilder, JDeveloper - AFAIK all of
    them can do this easily.

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Mar 22, 2007