Refactoring suppoted in DLTK 1.0?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Akira Hayakawa, Sep 3, 2008.

  1. I downloaded ruby DLTK from HERE
    http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/R1.0/S-1.0M1-200808150915/
    the bundle package.

    see very simple test program below,

    class ClassTest
    def initialize(name_str)
    @name_str = name_str
    end

    def name
    return @name_str
    end
    end

    a = ClassTest.new("Akira")
    p a.name

    Trying to change field name "name_str" to "name_string"
    I put my cursor to @name_str in my ClassTest class
    and choose "Refactor" in menubar and then choose "Rename"

    However, as I did not expect, the error message

    "Operation unavailable on the current selection ..." comes out.

    What should I do to rename the field name?
    rename refactoring is very useful feature.

    --
    Akira Hayakawa <>

    Akira Hayakawa, Sep 3, 2008