    Is there a way that I can do this in a constant manner?

    Thanks
    , Jan 27, 2006

  2. Soren Kuula Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a service running on my machine that generates continuous stats
    > in xml.
    > I want to constantly reference an xslt file (using <?xml-stylesheet
    > type="text/xsl" href="Test3.xsl"?>) within the xml that does not change
    > the formatting of the xml in any way when i access the xml in a
    > browser. This means that the xsl file will be a "dummy" file until I
    > import another xslt into the "dummy" file using <xsl:import
    > href="Test2.xsl" />.
    > Is there a way that I can do this in a constant manner?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    I guess you need to write Test3.xsl as a (general) identity transform,
    and then when time comes, use include, not import to pull in another
    stylesheet.

    The reason is: The template rules in Test3 will override any rules in
    stylesheets imported from Test3. Priorities don't matter. But when using
    include, the including and the included module will be merged into one,
    and in the included one, you can make priorities a little higer than in
    Test3, for override.

    Soren
    Soren Kuula, Jan 27, 2006