    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/
    Nathan Sokalski, Jun 27, 2006

  2. Nathan,

    Wow, you carefully picked the groups to post to, didn't you?

    >Does anybody know of a page with a good reference of the available Metadata
    >Attributes in .NET? Thanks.

    Can you clarify what exactly you mean by "metadata attribute"?

    Mattias

    --
    Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
    http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
    Mattias Sjögren, Jun 27, 2006

  3. Here is a code example I copied from the .NET documentation:

    Public Class MyControl
    Inherits Control
    ' The base class has [Browsable(true)] applied to the Text property.
    <Browsable(False)> _
    Public Overrides Property [Text]() As String
    End Property
    End Class

    In this code, <Browsable(False)> is a metadata attribute. Because I am
    somewhat new to using metadata attributes (which is why I want to find a
    page with a list of the ones available), I can't really give much more than
    that.

    Nathan Sokalski, Jun 28, 2006
  4. Very first, the Metadata Attributes are the classes that inherits
    System.Attribute class provided by .NET framework. So, you can check
    this thru MSDN itself.

    You can also have a custom attributes for your class. The below url can
    get you good amount of insight about the Attributes and its usage.

    http://www.donxml.com/FunwithAttributeBasedProgramming.htm

    -
    Vadivel Kumar
    http://vadivelk.net