reference pdf files stored under WEB-INF/docs

Claudio

hello guys,

I have to create a jsp page that contains a link (trought a servlet)
to some pdf files stored under WEB-INF/docs (due to security reason).

I guess I should use Request.Dispatcher or something similar.
Someone has a snipplet or a part of code i could use ?

thanks
Claudio

Neill

Claudio said:
hello guys,

I have to create a jsp page that contains a link (trought a servlet)
to some pdf files stored under WEB-INF/docs (due to security reason).

I guess I should use Request.Dispatcher or something similar.
Someone has a snipplet or a part of code i could use ?

thanks
Claudio

Claudio,

You can have a Servlet, or JSP, which reads a parameter which identifies a
PDF, or other resource in WEB-INF, and forwards the request to the path
relative to WEB-INF, e.g. /WEB-INF/docs/new1.pdf

String pdf = req.getParameter("pdf");
String url = "/WEB-INF/docs/"+pdf;
RequestDispatcher dispatcher = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher
(resp.encodeRedirectURL(url));
dispatcher.forward(req, resp);

Claudio

thanks a lot! it worked!